|Workshop available for individual schools and districts
|15 contact hours
|Led by experienced IWP Teacher Leaders
What’s in it for You?
“What do I do with our Chromebooks that will help kids write better and not just feel like busy work?”
Come to Illinois Writing Project’s Writing & Technology Workshop and discover new ways to use technology in literacy classrooms.
You Will Learn
- What it means to be a 21st century writing teacher
- How digital writers learn to collaborate
- How students can create a positive online presence
- How digital writers distribute their writing
- How digital writing processes intersect with writing workshop
Who is this workshop for?
Classroom teachers, support staff, and literacy leaders who want to incorporate digital processes into writing workshop.
15 ISBE Professional Development Hours granted upon course completion
OPTIONAL: One Northeastern Illinois University graduate credit hour may be earned. Tuition at NEIU’s new discounted graduate credit rate. Contact Dr. Katy Smith at K-Smith1@neiu.edu ..
|Teaching Writing – 15 – 30 contact hr.
|Summer Advanced workshop: Connecting with Colleagues on teaching writing
|To Be Announced
|Writing and Technology
|Social-Emotional Learning and Writing – 15 contact hr.